At Moores Opticians, we are passionate about your eye health care. Our team of highly trained ophthalmologists and dispensing opticians collectively have over 40 years of experience. We offer a range of services in Walsall including:
- NHS and private eye health examinations and tests
- Diabetic eye screening
- Assessing and treating minor eye conditions (e.g. sore / red / dry eyes, irritation or inflammation etc)
- Corporate and employer eye tests
- Contact lenses ranging from daily to monthly useage for different eye types
- A range of frames to suit a variety of budgets and styles
- Sunglasses available with both prescription and regular lenses
During a comprehensive eye exam, we do much more than just determine your prescription for glasses or contact lenses. We will also check your eyes for common eye diseases and evaluate your eyes as an indicator of your overall health. Optometrists are often the first health care professionals to detect chronic, systemic diseases such as high blood pressure and diabetes.Consequently, routine eye exams are important — regardless of your age or physical health.
Get in touch with us today for a free consultation or to book in for an eye test.
You are entitled to obtain a free NHS sight test in Walsall if you meet any of the following criteria
- If you are aged 60 or over.
- Are aged 40 or over and have a parent, sister, brother or are the son or daughter of a person with Glaucoma.
- Are registered severely sight-impaired/blind or sight-impaired/partially sighted.
- Suffering from Diabetes.
- Suffering from Glaucoma.
- Considered to be at risk from Glaucoma.
- In need of complex lenses
You can get a free NHS sight test at Moores and use your optical voucher for glasses
- If you are aged under 16.
- Aged 16, 17 or 18 and in full-time education.
- Receiving income support or your partner is receiving this benefit.
- Receiving income-based, Jobseeker’s Allowance, or your partner is receiving this benefit.
- Receiving Pension Credit/Guarantee Credit or your partner is receiving this benefit.
- Receiving tax credits and meeting the qualifying criteria. Or your partner receives tax credits and meets the qualifying conditions.
- Named on a valid HC2 certificate.
- Named on a valid HC3 certificate.